Life Is.eco project was one of the winners of the LIFE + programme.
LIFE+ is a “Financial Tool for the Environment” dedicated to projects which contribute to the conservation of natural resources and the development of projects and innovative techniques for environmental protection.
Life Is.eco project falls under the “Environmental policy and governance” sector of the LIFE + programme, which promotes innovative demonstration projects, in this specific case in the field of waste management.
Launched in 1992 by the European Commission, LIFE (The Financial Instrument for the Environment) is one of the spearheads of EU environmental policy. It contributes to the implementation, development and improvement of policies and legislation on the environment and the integration of the issue into other EU policies. This tool supports the development of new solutions to environmental problems with a community dimension and it is aimed at the implementation of the policy defined by the sixth action plan for environment.
LIFE + program provides three important thematic components:
- LIFE+ “Nature and biodiversity”
- LIFE+ “Environmental policy and governance”
- LIFE+ “Information and communication”
Funded projects must meet the following criteria:
- being of common interest by contributing to the development, implementation and updating of policy and legislation in the field of the environment;
- being technically and financially consistent and feasible, and to present a cost-benefit ratio satisfactory;
- meet at least one of the following criteria:
- regarding the best practice or demonstration for the protection of wild birds or habitats;
- innovative projects relating to the objectives of the policy environment;
- are awareness campaigns or training in the field of forest fire prevention;
o regarding the long-term, broad-based, harmonized and comprehensive monitoring of forests and environmental interactions.